Wednesday, August 17, 2011

take on the most crooked profession out there

A buddy told me that there is some lawyer who is suing her alma mater because she has not been able to find work as an actual lawyer. 

A former local law student is suing her alma mater for $50 million, after she couldn't find a job.

The student, San Diegan Anna Alaburda, graduated with honors from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law and passed the bar on her first try. She claims she has been unable to find full-time work as an attorney for the past three years.

 

I feel for anybody who puts themselves into hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt so they can go into a profession which costs a society so much -literally and figuratively- and offers so little actual value in return, so it is no surprise that this little brat demands to be repaid since she believes modern civilization is an open cookie jar just looking for a loophole to take advantage of it     This is a profession which helps write the laws designed to gouge people and companies out of vast amounts of monies, files thousands of erroneous lawsuits which costs everybody and only helps to propel this own profession and helps to over-regulate the state.   There is no profession whose main focus has such little regard for the destruction it costs so of course we feel for Ms. Alburda in her quest to have Thomas Jefferson repay her tuition cost.  I am sure she'll argue that there was an implied contract where Thomas Jefferson Law had implied she would be ensure employment.   In other words this will cost the law school thousands to defend and will lead to higher tuition for future ambulance chasers.  Exactly what this profession needs

 

But my issue is that if this does pass muster where does it lead to?  Does that mean that anybody who didn't get exactly what they had been 'promised' out of their years at school will have the ability to sue their schools?  Lawyers who blow their money on blow, accountants who can't figure out how to get into a fortune 500 company or the average Joe Schmo with his degree in communications can't get a job working for an insurance company or a diamond wholesale place. 

Shit  I got my undergrad at Rutgers and feel I didn't dry-hump enough round-girls, does that entitle me to a reimbursement of my meal plan. Then again I am sure RU would have gladly had me opt out as I was a money loser for their meal program as the 45 pounds I found in college proved

No comments: