Sunday, November 28, 2010

Spawning like Rabbits

Five Years ago the rabbit wine bottle opener was the gift of the season it was a great contraption which allowed anybody open up a bottle of wine like an expert. The problem was they got too cheap and stayed inoffensive so I honestly got one for Christmas, two for a housewarming and another for my birthday. The gift was great and very useful but nobody needs three of them. Each year there is something and usually it was too expensive the year before but has come to a price point under $100 so it becomes a perfect non-offensive gift
Last year the gift was the cheap digital frame and I must have seen 10 of them exchanged. There was the DVD player a few years ago, the digital camera, the martini glasses... It's like every year the world decides what is the perfect gift and then everybody gets 10 of them.
This year the official gift is going to be the seltzer machine. It's a great little machine which makes bubble water and allows you to add flavors to make your own gingerale or pop and somebody convinced the manufacturer that they just needed to lower the price a little bit and it would be the equivalent of a tickle me Elmo. People will love it but like all these things they won't need 6 of them.

Oh by the way I already own.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I received the rabbit bottle opener 4 years ago as a wedding gift from a friend. You and April gave us some nice cutlery and asked that we not use them on each other. My divorce will be finalized within the next 4 weeks.

Cyn said...

I received a rabbit bottle opener 2 years ago and gave one away 2 years ago to Kristin H.

Also, I don't think the seltzer machine is going to be this years rabbit bottle opener.