Monday, October 4, 2010

The Pre-Rip

It's time to set the record straight.

I've been accused of pre-ripping the undershirt before the big TOR Bon Jovi Wedding spectacular and I am here today to unequivocally deny any pre-ripping

Let me be 100% clear here so there are no misconceptions
I have not EVER pre-ripped a t-shirt in order to hulk-hogan in during the big finale slide across the stage. I wear a straight Haynes V Neck undershirt, comfortably worn and use only my hands to pull it apart from the neck-line through the bottom.
The combination of alcohol and adrenaline is more than enough for me to demolish a thin piece of fabric and the day I have to pre-rip will be the day the act gets officially retired.

To those whose wedding I've ruined...I'm sorry
To those who have seen it....I'm sorry
To those who have not.. I'm sorry
To my knees... I'm sorry
To my wife who has been witnessed to them all... I'm sorry
To my baby girl.... I'm sorry
To the catering halls...I'm sorry

But I'll never apologize for not giving it a 100%
Now..

With that said we have all witnessed the demise of the JBJ TOR explosion as most people have gone from being shocked by the display to being mildly amused. There are people out there who have yet to see it, so we give it a 100% but everybody realizes that at this point even 100% is not good enough..
But like the boxer who keeps coming back even after he long knows his career is over and the damage he has inflicted upon his body is irreversible, the TOR wedding experience can't seem to quit. Maybe it's because there is still a hope that some people can be amused y it but honestly it's probably the only way we can stay relevant.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: