Sunday, October 10, 2010

PokerFace

There is a song I catch on the Pop stations by Lady Gaga called Poker Face and I have to say it brings out the absolute worst in people. The reason for my disdain is two folds

- the song sucks
- the song is very catch so I catch myself humming it all the time

But what I've noticed is that for the rest of the pop listening audience it's as if this terrible piece of electronica forces them into some kind of mentally handicapped trance.
Honestly look around you the next time you are at a wedding or at some crappy bar-club-morgue and this albatross comes on. The people in the crowd all go into this sequenced vogue thing where they stick their ugly faces out into the retard pose whenever the words 'poker face' blast through the speakers

Now this might sound like just another knock on pop-music (which it is), Lady Gaga (which it is) or stupidity (which it is) but honestly I can't think of a dumber look than a bunch of women screaming 'poker face' at each other

It's as if they don't even realize the sexual innuendo.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: