Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm too old for this $h!t

When you're a Righetti you realize that there will be a number of mornings in your life when you will feel like somebody dropped an anvil on your sack. The morning after is rough when the nigh before the morning after was epic.

Throughout your lifetime there are a bunch of great nights and a handful of epic ones. The great ones help carry you through the mundane parts of life as they are ones you talk about months later but the epic ones take you months to recover from.

See when you're expected to go a hundred percent a hundred percent of the time, it's never real easy.. Years ago I'd recover better, I'd be hungover but at least my body didn't hurt, but now I'm not that spry 22 year old anymore, after an epic night i feel like I played tackle football without any pads on. When you are the hired gun for the entertainment at weddings, you can't half-ass it. You rip it up like you did when you were 22 and just hope your knees hold up and for those 3 minutes it feels like you can still do it... but when you pick yourself up off the floor.....literally...and you hear your knees creek you know it's time to leave this for the younger generation..

I can still rip it up with the best of 'em...just now I'm hung-over before the buzz wears off.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: