Saturday, September 18, 2010

Such a mess

I hate shopping, I mean I really despise it. I'm not sure what exactly does it but it's probably a combination of the fact I hate crowded places, I hate trying on clothes and I hate returning them.
But what I hate more than anything is shopping in city stores. See in NYC, people have zero respect for the merchandise because it isn't paid for my a person, it can just be discarded at will.. Today I walked into an Old Navy and felt like I was walking into the bedroom of a 13 year old girl. There were piles of clothing everywhere, there was no rhyme or reason to why something was thrown with something else. The employees just stepped over the piles as if they were puddles after a rainy day while the customers continue to grow the puddles by continuously urinating in them.
I don't know what possesses people to think that if they don't like a way a shirt looks after taking it off the shelves that just throwing it on the floor sounds like a civilized response. Now I'm there trying to find a zip-up sweater practically on my knees which is like trying to a needle in a haystack knowing that even if I find it, it'll be filthy..
Somehow though this behavior is seen as acceptable and proper, you take an item off the hanger and if isn't the right size just throw it on the floor and go to the next hanger to check that item out. People wouldn't do this is in their own house but somehow they do it at Old Navy
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Snowbrush said...

Wow! When I left Mississippi, I narrowed my choices down to NYC and Oregon. Maybe I did good choosing Oregon, eh?