Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On time arrival

I've done my fair share of traveling this year and it's about to get worse with trips to Romania, China and Korea on the horizon. The good news is that it's all on Delta so I'm well on my way to being back as a platinum elite member, which is always good.

But with all the traveling, I am still miffed at a few things, mainly the thought of on time arrival which is the benchmark for comparisons for airlines. Well take my flight scheduled today, leaving from NYC at 6:30pm flying to Amsterdam with an arrival time of 8:00AM.
Now I realize people get very confused when it comes to time-zone travel but let's make it simple. 8:00AM Amsterdam time is 2:00AM NYC time, so Delta is implying a seven and a half-hour fly time. But anybody who has take the trip across the pond knows it's only a 6 hour flight, in other words they have built in a 25% cushion.
That's like playing home-run derby at a little league field against 8 year olds.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: