Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tool Time

On one part it keeps the entire IKEA store from falling apart and on another it leaves an incompetent 34 year old male scratching his head.. Although it reinvented the toolbox because of its simplicity -and ability to not strip it's screw head-it's also ridiculous because of the fact there are seemingly hundreds of different sized ones.
Is it just me or are other people with me when it comes to how ridiculous it is that I have a bag full of allen wrenches and none of them are compatible. Why is it that my TV stand needs one size, my bed another size and the high-chair a completely different one. Why can't they just make the wrench-hole universal and just make the thickness of the screw different. I know there are two types of 'normal' screw drivers but basically any phillips head will fit into a plus-sign screw, unless it's wrist-watch tiny or holding up the joint on the Intrepid but when it comes to allen wrenches the variety feels like you walked into a ladies shoe store.
Now granted you get one with every furniture purchase but I'm about simplicity as much as I'm about convenience. It's like having a set of keys which you don't recognize anymore,I have a bag full of them siting in my tool-chest and I'm afraid to throw any of them out because I don't know which will unlock the cabinet in the bedroom or the kitchen cupboard so I just hold onto all of them just in case.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: