Monday, February 15, 2010

Status Update replies

Day Three of the Social Networking TOR's.

I have a lot of complaints about lame status updates by people who have nothing of real value to add to the forum but what is more irritating are the fact that when you comment on a status update you now get a copy of every person who replies to that status update. It has gotten so irritating that sometimes I will not comment to a status update solely for reason that I don't want to get stuck in some endless loop of facebook dribble.

Just the other day I responded to some update  about some minor event that happened to an acquaintance and for  because I have the mobile application my phone then proceeds to vibrates incessantly for three hours alerting me that i have a new message.   Each of these messages was actually a reply to that same original Status Update  which each time winds up being a some lame comment or response.   For thee house I got messages like "wish I was there" from some guy you don't know to somebody you wish you didn't

When my innocent comment leads to a complete bombardment of mundane responses, the only thought I have is how fast can remove my comment so I am no longer privy to this waste of bandwidth.
People's responses can be kind of cool if they are witty or there is banter going back and forth between friends of yours but its painfully brutal when it involves a bunch of jackasses wishing people a happy birthday.

It's typical of Facebook where they try so hard to over involve their community which feels like they are trying to recreate the Edward Scissorhands neighborhood and obviously don't realize that reading this kind of stupidity makes me wish I was Righetti Icepickhands so I can stab myself in the urethra the next time I get one of these lame comments to a lame comment to a lame Status Update.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerr

2 comments:

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

you know you can shut off those alerts and only see them in the notifications when you log in... at least, that's how my is set up.

Righetti said...

then what would i have to complain about?