Thursday, February 4, 2010

Leaving Las Vegas

SinCity does nothing for me, I have been here 6 times and find very little solace in the place. I know people think I'm crazy when I say it but the stench of desperation in this city is as thick as the smog in LA.

But I did get a laugh about the uproar there was in this city (and on FOXNews) about Obama's comments about this place.
I heard them reporting that Obama slammed Las Vegas because he said that in this tough economic climate people will have to tighten their belts and probably not bet away a whole bunch of money in Vegas
So FOXNews is screaming that Obama is hurting small businesses and average workers like the card-dealers and waiters by his proclamation. I spoke with a cab-driver who said he won't ever vote for Obama again because of these comments saying they will keep people from spending money here.

First of all his comments aren't exactly groundbreaking; who the hell goes to Vegas thinking it's a good idea anyway when they can't afford their mortgages or when they have been out of work for a month?
And more importantly, like an NFL QB, the president gets too much credit and takes too much blame. I can't imagine planning a trip to Vegas and then hearing some soundclip about not betting the mortgage payment and all of a sudden thinking 'he's right, I shouldn't put $5000 down on RED right now'

I didn't see Obama's comments as a knock to Vegas as much as it was just lame advice like saying to somebody 'get home safe' when they leave a party.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: