Sunday, February 28, 2010

No time

In this world there are winners and losers which we were confronted with for two weeks during the Vancouver Olympics but in reality is something we all deal with on a day-to-day basis. Some people when they show up at an emergency room knowing it will likely bankrupt them, other's when their jobs are shipped overseas and some of us when we go running and sustain an injury.
There are many aches and pains for a runner including twisted ankles, stubbed toes, pulled hamstrings and chafing. I thought I have faced them all but yesterday I sustained the kind of injury which would keep from ever wanting to participate in the sport again. This injury is the equivalent of a down-hill skier, a running back or high-jumper blowing out their ACL. You know when you are playing a sport you have to trust your knee or legs or arms will hold up because we all know the athlete has a very fragile confidence.
We'll I suffered the equivalent yesterday when during an easy Saturday Morning run I was stung by an injury worse than an ACL or a torn rotator cuff:. Don't ask how, why or when because I don't know but I do know that when I took my running shorts off my boxers looked like I had just gone through a menstrual cycle.
Apparently I chafed a cut into the head of my winkie. I'm not talking a gash but imagine a paper-cut on your stuff. thought the fact that my sword is kept in its sheath would have helped and maybe it could have been worse but let me tell you if you didn't know already..MLIA
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: