Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rubbernecking


Most of the time I'm proud to be from New Jersey; I've seen Bruce live 8 times; have stripped to Bon Jovi at 6 weddings and gave myself an Italian nickname. Problem is when you put it all together and you base a reality television on your state it becomes a total trainwreck.

Reality TV seems to be the total downfall of our civilization from the white-house crashers to the balloon boy to the newest craze....guidos

Jersey Shore is the newest MTV car crash and everybody gets to see the NJ Guido style up close and personal. When your entire state can be stereotyped into fake tits, spray tans and spike hair you now you are not winning any beauty contests. The concept is easy you put four roided-out dudes with four skanks, add some alcohol and a hot tub and hilarity ensues.
The problem here is that the dudes are all ripped and the chicks are could stand to lose 10 pounds and it's pretty obvious the guys care more about their looks than the girls do which leads to cock-sure and self depracation.
The sad thing is of course that it's not clear if these reality TV personalities realize the joke is on them or if they believe this infamy will be long lasting.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

If I was Snookie's mother (or any of the other Guidos/Guidettes on the show), I would have to cry myself to sleep at night.

But I can't stop myself from watching it!!!!