Friday, December 25, 2020

Take on the greatest Christmas never

There is no more exhausting week than the one right before Christmas. Between the cards, the office gifts, the wrapping, the kids anxiety and the endless delivery of Amazon boxes, it turns me into a regular Grinch.
But after it's all wrapped and places under the tree, we as parents should be able to sit back and enjoy our kids experiencing true magic, but we can't ever be that lucky. The fighting happens almost immediately, the tears flow predictably and the gifts get thrown around indiscriminately.
But th worst part is that I spend the next four hours building a bunch of random plastic toys which everybody in my house knows that will be something littered at the bottom of a closet in days. But here I am, spending 20 minutes installing some random piece electronic when all I want to do is drown myself in coffee.

No comments: