Friday, June 8, 2018

Take on the ESPN W recommended articles

ESPN.com has a section they call W which unbelievable is for Women's sports which works out well if you want to know about the FIFA Women's World Cup teams. What is odd is that when I scroll to the bottom of the page, the related articles they have online are "Skateboarder Leticia Bufoni bares all" and another naked photo accompanying an article called "US Hockey National Forward" I get that this is probably some stupid algorithm and they are trying to add content to women's sports site using articles featuring women athletes but somehow I doubt this was the intention. And I really doubt my 8 year old daughter who looking to learn if Alex Morgan will dominate really cares about seeing Hope Solo topless.
Nice job ABC and Disney, glad to see you've paid attention to the MeToo movement.

No comments: