Thursday, January 31, 2013

take on a windy day

My head is POUNDING and for the life of me, I can't figure out why..

that is until I recalled my morning commute..  

When I walked out of my house this morning into 55 degree weather, I was thrilled.   I forgot about the conspiracy theories on global warming for a few minutes and I enjoyed the fact that I wasn't freezing my ass off for the first time in about two weeks.     When I got into NYC and started to hoof towards midtown from the ferry terminal I did notice that although warm it was ridiculously windy.   It wasn't enough to make my walk unpleasant although that was mainly due to the fact it was back-wind so it actually sped me along a bit faster than usual.   What did bother me was when I got a cup of coffee on 11th avenue.   With my bag around my shoulder, a breakfast sandwich in hand and a cup of hot coffee in my other hand, I fumbled to get the door open but the cross-wind was so strong that I had to use almost my entire body weight to actually prop the door open.    I thought I was in the clear when I didn't spill my coffee all over my pants but when I got onto the street all those thoughts of clear roads went to hell..    Some gust which felt like the kind that blew all those trees down during Sandy came rushing up 11th Avenue and clear knocked my coffee out of my hand and had the Styrofoam cup barrelling down 41st street.    
So not only was I contributing to this unnaturally hot weather with the Styrofoam but now my 16 ounce coffee was laying all over 11th avenue.
  
in other words I didn't have any coffee today and now I want to kill somebody. 

No comments: