Sunday, January 6, 2013

Take on Chasing Fireflies

It seems I get 15 catalogues delivered to me weekly aimed right at my
daughter (or her gullible parents). We get American Girl Doll, CP
toys, Oriental Trading, One Step Ahead which my older daughter likes
to leaf through as she eats her Cheerios.

They all seem pretty harmless -except of course the fact they will all
inevitably cost me money when they find something they really want-
until she got one titled Chasing Fireflies. I hadn't pre-read it
before handing it over to her but when I looked over her shoulder I
was pretty shocked. The pictures of the boys were pretty innocent,
most of them playing with cars or making sand castles but the pictures
of the girls were more risqué than your average men's magazine. These
are 8 to 14 year old girls all of whom have these seductive poses.

First of all they have almost all the girls looking down with their
legs crosses in a very submissive pose, not one I'd like my girls to
emulate. Secondly the dresses they are wearing would be flattering
for most 25 year olds. Long gone are cute and clever outfits these
things just a scream adult.

I am posting some of the worst pictures but have purposely left off
some of the most risqué ones because I don't need the FBI knocking on
my door

No comments: