Monday, January 7, 2013

Take on theUPS customer service

There really aren't any people less competent than the people who work in customer service call centers.   I'm not sure what the job description calls for but I think it probably says something like  "looking for unmotivated people who can talk themselves into circles and be as unhelpful as humanly possibly, Southern accent a plus"

I was on the phone today with UPS for well over an hour because UPS delivered a package to me in error.   I  returned the shipment back to the shipper and three months later I'm getting billed for this shipment.   This is obviously more than a bit frustrating especially because the shipment charge is well over $300 but mostly because I followed their instructions to a T and now I'm spending hours of my life on some UPS call-hold

This is how my conversation goes with the customer service rep

Righetti  "a shipment arrived at my door in September for goods meant for another company, we contacted the shipper and they told us to return the goods to them and that UPS would be picking up the charges, now three months later I'm getting a bill for the charge"

Customer Service Rep  "so let me get this straight you never received the shipment"

Righetti "no, I received a shipment that was intended for somebody else and I returned it"

Customer Service Rep  "OK, I understand let me put you on a brief 2-3 minute hold"

-bad music-

Customer Service Rep  "so to make sure I'm straight you made a shipment that was never received"

Righetti  "no, I received a shipment that was intended for somebody else and I returned it"

Customer Service Rep  "so you are the shipper who made the wrong shipment?"

Righeti  "no I received a shipment that was intended for somebody else and I returned it"

Customer Service Rep  "can I put you on a brief 2 to 3 minute hold"


No comments: