Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Take on the $20 bill limitation

I cannot stand the fact when I get a $50 bill because it becomes
absolutely impossible to spend. It's like somebody saddles you with a
three legged dog because you just know you are going to be saddled
with it for a week before you can spend it. I walk into a bagel shop
today and notice the "no bill larger than $20 accepted" and I started
to think that it might be time to adjust those signs
First of all they have had the same denomination restriction for 25
years so if you take inflation into consideration that number should
easily be $50 by now.
I also know that people fear counterfeit bills but with all the new
counterfeit checks it's about time we get over that fear, I think
there is some kind of magical pen that can tell if they are fake
right??

Here is a thought, nobody is counterfeiting $50 bills, if anything
they are going to counterfeit twenties because guess what....nobody
will take a $50

I have a great idea, you could start a business just offering people
two twenties and a five for $50 outside of delis in NYC, you'd make a
fortune.

No comments: