Sunday, February 27, 2011

Take on Wireless

After years of suffering through the miserable phone options on Verizon Wireless, we made the move to the IPhone on the AT&T network last year and have mostly been thrilled with it.   The pictures are fantastic, the browsing blows anything short of a laptop out of the water and the functionality is first rate..   Now obviously as a long time loyal Verizon Wireless customer I wasn't thrilled when they announced that they would be carrying the IPhone almost immediately after I signed my AT&T contract and although I had heard about the misery of the AT&T service, nothing could have prepared me for the actual experience. 

A few weeks ago while I was in a cab going to the airport, my call dropped 3 times while I was trying to give the car-service my credit-card number..   I wasn't driving in farmland in Idaho or making a call from inside the Grand Canyon but was moving at 50MPH on the BQE at 4AM!!  Earlier today I had my call with a customer service rep drop twice while standing in my living room.

I travel around the world and with my GSM enabled Verizon Blackberry I have never had an issue being connected anywhere.   Whether I step off a plane in a little city in the middle of China, stand in a field 100 miles outside of Bucharest Romania or wait in the underground platform at Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street my Verizon service always worked while I can't even get service on my IPhone in my own backyard.    

I know Verizon has it's limits and the Verizon IPhone won't even work overseas like the GSM enabled blackberry I have but I do know that you are sure that if you are going to need your IPhone to be able to make calls there really is no choice..

No comments: