Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Boots

After spending 2 months of showing up top work with wet socks after stepping into a bunch of puddles en route, I have had enough. Today I marched up to the NorthFace Store and got myself a pair of gigantic water-proof boots so that I can actually spend a day not basically soaking my feet in a puddle of melted ice collected in my work-shoes
So as I walk out of the store with my little dorky smile on as I splash through puddles all the way up and down Broadway like a school-girl. As I get back to work and get onto a conference call I start to get incredibly uncomfortable, I'm not sure what it is but the glee I had on the street is wiped away. Before I know it I go from uncomfortable to annoyed to irritable to the point I can't sit there anymore. No I'm not going through caffeine withdrawal and it wasn't as if anybody on the call particularly irritated me...it takes me about 20 minutes to figure it out before I realize the ire of my anger.

These water-proof boots let absolutely zero air in too and it feels like somebody has put my feet into a pizza oven. Forget waterboading, if you want to know what Al Qaeda is gonna do next shove a pair of North Face waterproof boots on one of their operatives and you'll find OBL in 15 minutes.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: