Thursday, September 24, 2009

Return This

I have a pet-peeve.. Well actually I've chronicled the fact that I have many PetPeeves but the one that really gets me is stores that make it sound like they have easy return programs while they are actually a complete pain in the ass.

Take IKEA, that blue and yellow version of hell-on-earth which serves the disgusting meatballs and offers the complete line of crappy furniture which miraculously is all screwed together by a cheap allen wrench.

I went back to return a changing table (get ready TOR fans, I'm sure I'll have a lot of backaking to do about baby shopping) and was told that it couldn't be returned because it was 'used' and they would only offer store credit which might as well be thrown away money as I don't expect to buy anything at this place in the foreseeable future.

First they have you wait for 40 minutes in the return line, then it gets worse


Store Clerk: we don't give cash back for used items, it says so in our return policy. See it say it here that you can return any item you are not completely satisfied with assuming it has not been used.

Righetti: it isn't used, I bought it 24 hours ago

Store Clerk: the box be open

Righetti: Yes, I opened it and realized it wasn't for me

Store Clerk: so you put it together!

Righetti: yes and when it was build I realized I wasn't satisfied

Store Clerk: as soon as you assemble it is used

Righetti: but how could I possibly know if I am satisfied if I haven't seen it built?

Store Clerk: if it's used, I ain't given you cash back

Righetti: but it's not used, no baby was placed on this changer. It went right back in the original box

Store Clerk: used means I aint takin it back

Righetti: but it wasn't used

Store Clerk: ,NEXT

Righetti: :boiling::
:
Store Clerk: you can talk with a manager if you want but it ain't gonna help


25 minutes later I walk out of IKEA with my $69.99 in cash..
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: