Thursday, September 4, 2014

Take on the Columbus Circle Station style gates

Has anybody noticed the huge cattle gates all over the platform on the
59th street station? I don't quite know what the purposes is because
they have them in the center platform which isn't used by anything
other than huge rats but I guess they have decided to herd commuters
through that platform to make their hellish commute that much worse.
Are they afraid that people can't stay away from the platform edges
and may trip or is it an a to suicide prevention thing which seems
idiotic since you could just as easily jump in front of a D train on
the other platform or even (wait for it) jump the fence

Either way they have somehow made a claustrophobic situation feel even
more so, thanks MTA

1 comment:

Baby Stu said...

Whenever your boy (me) tears it up at Blue Ribbon Midtown, my cheap ass jumps on the 1 train uptown afterwards. That gives me the distinct pleasure of walking through that weird platform island after midnight while all other subway patrons stare at me.
Mi hermano usually cabs it home. I don't blame him.