Saturday, December 7, 2013

Take on the NY Times hecklers

I always laugh when people heckle, whether it's heckling a comedian, a
politician or a newspaper, it always just looks like sour grapes.
There really isn't a more desperate group than people who spend their
time and energy openly throwing insults at people who don't even
realize they are alive. Once you begin heckling, it doesn't matter if
your argument has merit, you just look like a tool
I just noticed a huge sign hanging on the corner of 40th and 8th
staring right at the New York Times building, chastising the paper for
now having covering the apparent 9/11 coverup. This gets me to the
second most desperate group of people: conspiracy theorist

It's been 12 years since that Tuesday in September and people are
still on this 9/11 was an inside job thing?? You have to be kidding
me, do people really have nothing better to do than spend tens of
thousands of dollars hanging signs up and throwing pies at people?
And if you are going to spend god time and effort on something, at
least don't be an activist for some recycled conspiracy.

2 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I have heckled refs at every football or basketball game I have ever attended. I don't think that makes me look desperate or bitter. I think that makes me look normal.

Oddly, however, I have never heckled the umpire at a baseball game. Just never occurred to me to do it.

Maybe it is because MLB umpires, unlike football and basketball refs, always look like they are bigger and stronger than the fat 70 year old baseball club manager. Moreover, the umpire always looks like he is ready to beat the shit out of Tommy Lasorda in the parking lot, with the ump's wild gesticulations when ejecting someone from the game. Baseball umpires are angry people.

Mr. R. Lee said...

Oh, btw, my favorite blonde provider from Termas Monte Carlo in Rio de Janeiro believed 9/11 was a conspiracy. She was a former flight attendant on a Brazilian airline, too. Her name is Debs, short for Deborah. Working name was "Patricia."

"The Big Bang Theory" was also her favorite TV show. So we are not talking enlightened genius here.