Wednesday, December 11, 2013

take on Mama's family

When I was a kid and would get sick on a school day, my parents would call the school to tell them I was sick and then I'd sit plopped in front of the TV where I'd marathon watch a combination of I love Lucy, The Price is Right, Let's make a Deal, The Jefferson's, All in the Family and Mama's Family.   All those shows are ones I remember fondly and some of them are ones that I consider my favorites of all time but I was convinced that the lead character on Mama's family was actually a dude in drag.  There was nothing that screamed Adam's apple and hairy legs more than this 'chick'.

 It wasn't until many years later that I realized that the Mama character was played by Vicki Lawrence and not a Robin Williams wannabe.   

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

When I was like 6 or 7 years old and watching Mama's Family on TV, I kinda sorta used to want to fuck the living shit out of Nadine.

She was pretty hot in her short shorts. At least in the mind of a little kid.