Thursday, May 30, 2013

take on the public donation

When I got CC'd to an email the other day, I was immediately annoyed.  It isn't that getting put onto an email thread in itself annoys me as I get put on tons of them about home-improvement issues and I happily read without ever caring to comment.   What got me annoyed about this particular instance was that I was CC'd on an email from an acquaintance about a charity event with a note that they would not be able to attend; they also made it a point to add a PS about a donation they'd be making for the charity.   I'm happy that people feel it within their heart to make a donation to a cause they believe in, but I'm not exactly sure why I need to be informed of their every move.

There is a beauty about making an anonymous donation

No comments: