Monday, May 6, 2013

Take on the pedicure

When I went for a pedicure the other day, I thought I may have started
a new war, this time with South Korea as opposed to their northern
neighbors. I walk in and sat down, plopped by gigantic ass into one
of those vibrating seats and sloshed my feet into that mold infested
foot bath.
The lady walk over and starts rubbing them with some kind of salt and
immediately looks like she is going to lose her lunch. She
immediately puts on these rubber gloves, saying image chemicals are
harsh. Mind you there is no other foot technician wearing gloves and
they are all using the same chemicals Then again calling my feet
gnarly, is an understatement, and this poor woman had just signed
herself up for 45 minutes of maintenance for $22 plus tip.
She worked for a few minutes before calling for backup, this time an
even FOBier chick who's comfort of the English language seemed to not
go beyond "sucky sucky". Even this girl, who may otherwise had to
mount a 400 pound bucktoothed guy in sweats, couldn't handle them.
She apologized, claiming she needed to warm ho towels and she called
for an even FOBier one (this one may have come from North Korea for
all I know) and she dove in like a ravished dog. She massaged,
filed, cut and rubbed them and 45 minutes later, my feet felt like a
baby's ass and my ego felt like a baby's diaper

No comments: