Friday, January 29, 2010

Arby's

Except for my road-trip vice: the Big Mac, I don't eat a lot of fast-food. I am by no means Joe Healthy when it comes to my diet but generally stay away from most chain fast-food restaurants. I have my favorites (the aforementioned Big Mac, the CB at Wendy' and just about anything at KFC) but limit myself to indulging only on road-trips for work or pleasure. I find myself doing mostly because of convenience and as any other traveling sales-guy can attest to, there never seems to be time for a normal sit-down meal.

Today I made a mistake and ventured away from my go-to options and went to Arby's. Not only did I have the mistaken belief that Arby's had gone the way of the dinosaurs and analog TV but somehow they have been getting away serving the equivalent of dog meat to a willing public.

I stood there online knowing this would be the kind of thing I would regret later staring up at a menu like you are looking up while sitting stage-side at Frank's Chicken House.

The reason I don't eat at Roy Rogers is why I shouldn't eat at Arby's, as if slabs of roast beef cooked in a microwave and served on a onion bun isn't unappetizing enough, they drown it in melted American cheese and serve it with stale fries and BBQ sauce that tastes like bad Chinese food.. Then when you sit down and bite into this concoction you wonder why in the Greatest Country in the world we are eating the kind of thing they throw into the cages of the lions at the zoo.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cathy said...

today was the longest, most boring, work day of my entire life. i felt like i was the only one working on good friday. but your blogs helped me get through my day. have a good easter weekend!