Sunday, November 29, 2020

Take on the outside dining tent

I honestly don't get the idea of outdoor dining..in a tent.     I've been camping and there is nothing hotter than sitting inside a tent, there is no airflow, it fills up with breath instantly and you feel like vomiting within ten minutes.   But even knowing this, people have decided that eating in a tent is a sensible compromise for Covid.    This is what gets me though... when these restaurants close the tent on four sides because it's too cold it isn't outside dining at all, it becomes inside dining.   So you aren't getting any Covid advantage and I'd argue you are getting a disadvantage because at least if you are sitting inside in a half way decent restaurant they have some kind of air conditioning system that is filtering the air.    There is absolutely nothing but stagnant air inside a tent which is basically a Petri dish of Covid





Sent from my iPhone

No comments: