Sunday, November 1, 2015

Take on the Mets

Daniel Murphy has a great bat, problem is that sometimes he takes it with him to the field instead of a glove 

I'm not a baseball fan an haven't watched a single game this season but all the talk around town is, rightfully so, about the New York Mets who are having a great run.   I don't quite get where all the comic book nicknames come from and I certainly don't plan to dig that deep but I do know a few things which I said to my buddy, and one of the biggest Met fan I know, Jimmy "The Chin" a few weeks ago

I told him that the closer with the name of a pizzeria would kill them in the playoffs,
I predicted that Daniel Murphy's glove would come to haunt them and I said that the manager would lose a game or two for them

The truth is that those aren't hard predictions, and I'm sure Met fans felt the same way going into the playoffs, predicting that is like predicting rain.  IYou predict it enough and eventually it comes true. 

What I did not predict was Cespades totally sucking, I did not predict Daniel Murphy becoming Reggie Jackson and I had no idea whether the young guns would be able to stand up to the pressure of the big series. 

Anyway, I'm hoping that they bring it to Kansas City tonight and expect Matt Harvey to go out there and dominate.  I always thought that if Harvey had the sack of Syndergaard he'd be Tom Seaver, problem is that I'm afraid they'll have to take him out tonight after six to preserve his innings count







Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

That guy Harvey is a choker. Basically lost two games for the Mets. He has all-star talent, but no heart and a prima donna attitude.

He will never win a Cy Young award like Kershaw and Greinke have. Harvey is just not a guy you can depend upon to dominate when necessary. Some guys have it, and some guys are Matt Harvey.

Just another tall Irish loser.