Saturday, November 7, 2015

Take on Marco Rubio's credit cards





















When Rubio's campaign said they'd release the credit card statements "in a few days" I knew exactly what it meant.  It meant they would release them on Saturday evening and hope it wouldn't catch much wind which is exactly what they did.    

If the release time was in itself not enough to make you turn up an eyebrow, the explanations certainly would.  I have heard all his answered about mistakes in who to bill and mistaken charges and even still it was  guaranteed in his name but honestly I don't buy it.   I guess I could see a travel agent having the wrong card on file but I would never use my business card accidentally to buy pavers for my house and even if it was a pure accident, the thought he made this mistake multiple times for tens of thousands of dollars deserves some scrutiny.  
I am not sure if he did it in the hope the GOP would not find out and just pay the darn bill or if he was doing it to finance thirty days because his own cards were maxed out but either way it looks bad and Rubio solid come clean and stop hiding behind the "I grabbed the wrong card out of my pocket" excuse.  That doesn't fly for twenty thousand dollars 






Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Whenever I see the last name Rubio, I think of Ricky running the point for the Timberwolves and the Spanish national basketball team.

Rubio is pretty good this year. I saw him against the Lakers on opening night, and he is scoring well now, in addition to dishing out his usual assists. I think big Karl-Anthony Towns' presence down low is opening midrange looks for Rubio to take advantage of with drives or jump shots.

To do all this and run for President, too, is quite an achievement. Not sure how he is going to get around the Spanish citizenship issue, though.

Righetti said...

I've made that same mistake...often