Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Take on the tactics of Big Labor

When I saw one of those big rats in front of Applebee's on 42nd
street, I was relieved. Not because Applebee's is basically dog food,
but because it might mean slightly fewer idiot tourists keeping me
from my commute home. What I don't quite get is the handouts the guys
on strike were handing our. They not only included a bunch of claims
of poor working conditions and benefits but threw in a "this place has
cockroaches too" at the end

I get the art of a hard negotiation, but when you work for an
establishment which serves food, does if really make sense to try to
sink the operation you are negotiating with? Yeah, you might get
concessions but what good is it, if you go back to work at an empty
restaurant?

Although, I guess since this place depends on walk-in tourists, it may
not have the same effect as a place frequented by regulars

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

"Unions suck." -Tommy Conway & Norm Zong

Unknown said...

Isn't Tommy Conway a union member now?