Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Take on the Senate

With the news today that the Senate rejected a motion to increase background checks for gun purchases. I'm left once again to question the guts of our elected officials.   I do not believe there are more than 20 senators who in their hearts believe background checks are a bad thing, they just don't have the conviction of their hearts and are as spineless as they come
I have no issue with responsible gun ownership but just like not allowing a 12 year old to buy cigarettes or beer, I think there need to be some restrictions based on qualification.   With freedom comes responsibility and it's out responsibility that you have your freedom 
Don't give me any bull about a background check taking away god-given rights because quite honestly I am too drunk and too jaded to take this kind of argument seriously.  Responsible gun ownership should the the cornerstone of any gun-rights activist and having anything other is an embarrassment

Who, except for the true Glenn Beck crazies, believes that a guy with a schizophrenia, a guy on the FBI terrorist list or some dude with an arrest sheet longer than my arm, should be armed?  I hate the constitutional argument because it is suppose to be a living document, able to change as time does.  Just like we no longer count back people as 3/5th of a white vote or we don't feel like women have a right to vote, we should not take the second amendment as scripture 
  Our founding fathers were a bunch of hillbilly slave owning racists who happened to put together a union which is evolving to hopefully become perfect but so far we are far from that

Keep guns out of the hands of the crazies, so that you not totally crazies can keep your hands on your triggers 


 



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I'll just say it right now. I'm a totally irresponsible gun owner. Don't lock it up. Leave it in the trunk of my car sometimes. Sometimes it's in my car, just in case I get road rage and want to scare someone.

And I like to take it out at friends' houses and show them the gun in their living rooms (even when they tell me they don't want to see the gun or have a gun in their house).

I don't have a felony on my record, and I am not a crazy or a terrorist. But I probably shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. But I do. God bless America.