Friday, October 30, 2020

Take on the MAGA Phish tour.

There are a lot of really stupid things Trump says at his rallies but nothing is dumber than his entire "Merry Christmas" rant. I get what he's trying to do but it's so intellectually dishonest that the fact anybody actually buys into it is a shock

But then it reminds me of the kind of people who would stand on line for hours to see Trump riff for an hour like he's an aging rockstar. I'm nearly 45 years old and have to say that I'm 25 years past idolization. I like people, I appreciate greatness but I can't imagine at this state of my life making my entire life goal trying to follow anybody let alone somebody as none chilling awful as Trump. Watching these people idolize such a flawed character shows how badly these people need to feel like they belong

It really is like some weird MAGA phish fan rally.

No comments: