Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Take on Hello Fresh

Every time I hear about Hello Fresh delivery, somebody tells me that I can make a gourmet meal for half the price they charge at a restaurant and save so much time that I have time to clean the dishes.

But the actual experience is vastly different

Hello Fresh. "Prepare this smoky Spanish rice with shrimp and filet, in 18 minutes"


An hour later my kitchen looks like an absolute war zone. I've used more pans than I thought I owned.
There is a sad pile of half cut up vegetables somewhere in a lost corner. There is definitely some blood although I can't be sure if it came from me or the filet. The smoke alarm has gone off 3 times, the entire place smells like burned paella and there is still a bushel of parsley that I didn't even see as part of the recipe.

The good news is you can't tell because the food looks worse than the kitchen and everybody is crying while I frantically order pizza.

No comments: