Sunday, February 21, 2021

Take on the crazy crypto search

Wirh the word going crazy with GameStop and Bitcoin, we figured it was time to dip out toes into some of the non traditional investment vehicles. Obviously buying a $50,000 Bitcoin is out of the question but when Elon Musk started hyping something called Dogecoin I figured that even if I didn't believe in it, I'm not against riding an artificial wave.
I fire up the old ETrade account but can't find any direct crypto and I'm off to find one of the websites that does handle it. It involves something called a digital wallet and an account on crypto.com, kraken.com or any number of other ones. The issue is you can't just walk up and put $500 on a credit card. They all need verifications like your drivers license, social security card etc. then they need you bank info as you can't just plop it on on your MasterCard even for a fee. I go through a thousand steps with my hesitations and finally set up an account. Problem is they don't offer DogeCoin of whatever the hell Musk is hyping. Now I'm stuck with $500 in an account that doesn't even have the stupid crypto I want. I am not buying BitCoin and the other ones I never heard of.
The entire thing is just insane and the have my goddamn $500

No comments: