Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Take on the MySpace decade of information loss

MySpace lost a decade worth of user data and I think it is fair time to thank them for the community service. Truthfully, most things that people post on social media platform are forgettable and the things that are not are littered with things we wish we could hide. I can't think of a single post I've made online that I'd like to have anybody look up a decade later and I'm not even somebody who uses traditional social media platforms.

It would probably be a great service if Facebook deleted everything anybody posted five years ago. Just a constant cleanup of old messes with anything that hits the five year mark instantly deleted from all recorded history.

I'm just hoping somebody corrupts the Friendster database, god knows what's stored there.

No comments: