Friday, October 27, 2017

take on the frozen iphone

Last night, as I was sitting guard outside my daughter's room to protect her against monsters and zombies, I had the most unfortunate thing happened to me.   My IPhone froze up.   I'm sitting in the dark with a busted IPhone and it was maddening.  

Maddening because there was nothing I could do.   When I pressed the side button and the home button it would eventually get to the screen where you had to swipe to power down the phone, but the screen wouldn't allow for the powder down.   So I was stuck, staring at a blank screen for hours

The only thing that worked was Siri, which allowed me to get my text messages dictated to me but nothing else.  
Without a hard reset option like taking the battery out, I was stuck with the unthinkable.   Let me iphone battery die for a reset, the issue was that the phone still had 20% battery and without any use, draining it was painful

It took 12 hours to finally die and rebooted thirty seconds later.

 

Sorry for the lack of TOR yesterday, without a phone it was near impossible, we'll make this a Friday Double...  so Trump isn't safe yet

No comments: