Monday, August 18, 2014

Take on ISIS (or ISIL)

Is anybody else annoyed that a few news organizations take it upon
themselves to dub the Islamic insurgency in Syria and Iraq as ISIL
when the rest of the world has been calling it ISIS?? This reminds
me of the alternative Usama spelling that the CIA used for Osama Bin
Laden, which just seemed like the nerdy kid who pronounces all then
french root words with the stupid French accent. First of all, this
ISIS/ISIL thing makes no sense, if the group is called the Islamic
Studs of Iraq and Syria then stick with the ISIS thing, why come up
with something different just for the hell of it?? Yeah I get that
there is some nerdy second name for Syria called Levant or something
but using that is about as cool as when Obama says Pakistan with that
quasi Indian accent. This thought that if you show some level of
respect because you pronounce some bunch of terrorists name correctly
is about as dumbfounded as thinking Pakistan is ever going to come
into the gold and stop harboring Al Qaeda (or is it Al Qaida??)
Plus is is really goddamned confusing because I can hardly follow all
the names and places to start off with and you go and throw a
different acronym in the spelling just for the hell of it?

Yeah, we get that, maybe, you are a bit more educated in that
particular avenue but you sound like a total tool when doing so.

5 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

The only acronyms I pay attention to are ESPN, EPL, NFL, MBA, MLB, CBS, ABC, NBC, HBO, BMW, and FIFA.

I also like P.U.S.S.Y. (Polytechnic University of South Sherman York), T.I.T.S. (Title Insurance & Tax Services), and A.S.S. (American Surgical Society).

Mr. R. Lee said...

I meant NBA, not MBA. I don't give a fuck about 2 years of bullshitting they call business school.

Baby Stu said...

Espn, nfl and all those other entities you just named are initials. Proper acronyms are initialized but pronounceable like Isis or FIFA. @Mr. R. Lee

Mr. R. Lee said...

Good to know that P.U.S.S.Y., T.I.T.S., and A.S.S. all pass muster. I would hate to live in a world where they didn't.

Unknown said...

I like PUDDY too!