Friday, April 13, 2018

Take on the National Enquirer

All the news yesterday was about the $30,000 paid by the National Enquirer to try to bury a story about Trump fathering a child out of wedlock.  I get the friendship between Enquirer head David Pecker and Trump or even that this might be some quid quo pro stuff where Pecker buries this for a promise of exclusive photos from the set of The Apprentice like they do with Gwen Stefani or Paris Hilton 

But then I think about it and before this recent news cycle I honestly never thought anybody took anything in the National Enquirer seriously.    I've always believed that everything was just complete unabashed trash with stories about three eyed fish, kids born from a mother and monkey, Bill Clinton caught hooking up with the neighbors daughter (actually this might be true), Kanye West caught cheating on Kim with Khoe and Kendall and everything else to sell rags to miserable housewives in line at Shop Rite

Even when they were the ones that broke the major story of infidelity a few years ago (John Edwards IIRC) I basically assumed it was the blind squirrel finding the nut. 

If the Trump has a kid with the housekeeper had been published, I would have actually assumed it was fake purely by it being in the Enquirer.  






Sent from my iPhone

No comments: