Friday, October 26, 2012

take on Tuckahoe

After reading the following analysis of the Presidential Election, I got to thinking about a house I almost bought a few months ago.    For some reason, we had decided that we needed to live in Westchester because I guess there weren't enough snobby while people in Park Slope..  So Mrs TOR and I would throw our 2 year old in the old mini-van and drive out to look at open houses every weekend.  We would look at Victorians, split-ranches, modern looks, condos, town-houses you name it..  After 5 months of looking at nearly 70 houses we decided to move on and rent a place instead of buying but that's not the moral of this story.
 
At one point we were told to look in a town call Tuckahoe which to anybody who hasn't had the chance to see it yet is this little white town in the middle of the whitest county in New York State.  It's less presumptuous than neighboring Bronxville, less goomba than New Rochelle, and somehow less diverse than Dobbs Ferry.  One resident described it to us as a 'little slice of heaven' which seemed accurate if heaven was a hilly, suitcase town with a dead main-street but a Starbucks at the train station. 
 
But all in all. I could have seen myself living there.. well except for the fact that  I really did not want my daughters coming from a place called Tuckahoe.. Yeah it's probably childish but I was a teenager once and let me tell you..we would have been ruthless
 
well that and the fact that when I saw the town lines on google maps it looked like the place was one gigantic penis
 
 
 

No comments: