Thursday, September 2, 2010

Free Falling

Yesterday's NY Tabloids were plastered with the miraculous survival of the 22 year old kid who plummeted 39 stories but had his life spared when he crashed into the back window of a sports-car.

My first thought was obviously that although I'd seen this happened thousands of times in action-movies, I was glad to see it recreated in real life.. 

My second thought was:  What the hell are the odds that this Tom Petty wanna-be hits the window and not the trunk of the car which would have definitely not have the amount of give to survive.     This dude free-falls 500 feet and lands square into the back window of a car while most dudes can't hit the inside of a 20 inch porcelain bowl after two beers.

My third thought was:  how pissed would you be if that was your car.   We're all humanitarians and don't want to see anybody die but if I were the owner I'd be wondering if it HAD to be the back of my Dodge Charger that broke the fall.    I'm not sure if this thing was officially labeled a suicide attempt but the way I see it, this dude better get back from his two broken legs and offer to mow the Charger owner's lawn for a lifetime.
If this dude does decide to jump again, let's hope he does it off a bridge....chances are he'll land face first in a garbage barge

No comments: