Saturday, September 3, 2011

Take on the bathroom stink up

When I walk into a bathroom in a public spot I always check to make sure the air is clear. See when you are forced to follow some slob in the bathroom relay race after he dropped the kind of deuce which turns the air so you can literally taste there has to be some grounds for disqualification

Public restrooms generally have a major design flaw being they are always only four by six feet are always in some back corner of a restaurant and never have any proper ventilation let alone a window but my biggest issue isn't even my own suffocation.

My issue isn't even about the stink left by the slob but more what happens when you walk out of said stiinky bathroom. Now I can stink up a room with the best of them and have literally stopped a cop in his tracks when he was in the middle of throwing me out of a dorm room. But despite my own propensity of filth, I don't want somebody assuming that the stink left by some guy coming from an all-you-can eat Mexican Cantina is mine.
I never know how to properly deflect the stink so I wind up spending more time in one of those shitboxes hoping the stink will dissipate because there is just no way to avoid looking guilty. If you walk out causing a huge commotion like "holy cow if smells like something died in there" everybody thinks you are covering up and if you pretend nothing is wrong you look guilty. So I suggest that we add a new social rule of etiquette which says that if you stink up a can, it is your social responsibility to stay there for three additional people and take the blame for the damage you caused.

No comments: