Friday, December 12, 2008

$160 Million for a fat pitcher????!!!!???/



This has to be the week of make-believe


First Congress throws $14 billion at a failing auto industry then pulls it back, what is up with all this Indian Giving, the only thing that directly affects me is that my 401K will have a roller coaster ride today? 

My issue with this bailout isn't so much the $14 Billion as it is that these dudes probably need $140 billion. That is like going Sabathia going to an emergency room after his left arm's been torn off by a lion and the doctor putting a 2" band-aid on it.

What the hell is the point????!!!

I have no idea what the best thing to do with this automotive industry but I know for sure that I think it's anti-capitalism and anti-darwinism to prop up companies that cannot survive on their own.  Now I also know that the amount of jobs that will be lost if GM and Chrystler go under and that the government will have to carry the burden based on the amount paid out as the unemployment ranks swell but in general I don't think this makes any sense.

Why the Yankees decide to throw more money at CC Sabathia than they ever would have for Johan Santana is beyond me.  The Yankees entire plan going into last season is out the window (build from within, don't spend ridiculous money on free-agents).  Look at Sabathia, the dude is 300lbs, I know that David Wells model kind of works but it doesn't work for $160 Million dollars.   $23 Million Per Year does afford you some spending cash for the Righetti Fat Slob Tax.

I promise, no more baseball blogs for a few months.

No comments: